I’m not one of those Valentine’s Day fans, but if you are then don’t mind me and do your thing. However, this is a good excuse for a special make up and since I didn’t want to do a “first date” type of look, I opted for something a little bit more unusual, and also unwearable for a date.
Okay so to begin with I used my usual concealer and foundation, then stuck paper hearts on half of my face with eyelash glue.
I mixed a liquid highlighter with M.A.C.’s “Rose” pigment and tapped all over the side of my face with the paper hearts, then added a coat of “Magenta Madness” pigment.
Wherever I wanted to apply Make Up Forever’s Diamond Powder, I first used Urban Decay’s “Cosmic” 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. I then used my Vice 4 palette to do the rest of my eyes, as well as a coat of Benefit’s They’re Real mascara.
I dusted a blush and bronzer on my other cheek, using NYX’ “Freshman” Beauty School Dropout palette.
Then came the lashes! I used Urban Decay’s “Glitter Dip” Perversion eyelashes.
To finish the look, I mixed Too Faced’s “Melted Sugar” with MAC’s Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick.
Okay so, bear with me but I’ve never contoured my face until today. Mostly because I don’t feel the necessity of doing it and I’m fine with my face’s shape. Anyway, I still wanted to give it a try, since I want to know how to do everything that is possible with make up and more.
Find below the different steps to today’s look:
- Used my concealer and foundation to have a nice and uniform base to start with.
2. Did my eye make up using Urban Decay’s Vice 4 palette (“Bitter“, “Delete“, “Deadbeat” and “Crowbar“) as well as 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (“Trick“). Applied as usual a coat of Benefit’s They’re Real mascara an finished with my Eylure’s Concrete Jungle false eyelashes.
Here’s the finished look before I did any contouring. On my lips is & Other Stories’ “Armure Plum” Demi Matt Lip Colour.
3. Here’s my contouring before I blended it. I used Kat Von D’s Shade + Light contouring palette (“Sombre” & “Lucid“).
4. And here it is once everything is blended. I tried to make it look natural, i mean as natural as contouring can be.
You can also watch a tutorial by Kat Von D herself on how to use her contouring palette.
For this look I used only eyeshadows from Urban Decay’s Vice 4 palette, Kat Von D products and my trustworthy They’re Real mascara.
I applied “Harlot” on the center of my lids, then “Fast-Ball” on the rest of my lids.
I used “1985” to underline my eyes and put “Flame” in the inner corners.
To finish, I used “Neruda” ink liner and They’re Real mascara from Benefit.
To contrast with my eyes, I used “Witches” everlasting lipstick.
I was lucky enough to spend a few days in Madrid last week…. And I already can’t wait to come back! I visited a bunch of places, some that I had already seen during my previous stays in Madrid, and some I was discovering for the first time. I also got a bunch of things. 🙂
- Street Art Portugal, awesome late Christmas gift from my best friend ❤
- Kat Von D’s Everlasting Lipstick Witches
- Kat Von D’s Ink Liner Neruda
- Kandinsky A Retrospective, great exhibition at The Palacio de Cibeles that I managed to see last Saturday
- Adorable Cloud Pillow I found at the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza’s shop
- NYX Cosmetics’ Beauty School Dropout Palette Freshman
- A bunch of Pin up stickers, also from the Museo Thyssen (sorry can’t find a link!)
- Kat Von D’s Shade + Light contour palette
Apart from shopping for make up, visiting art exhibitions and hanging out with my best friend, I managed to go to fencing class on Friday evening and did my very first rapier and dagger session. After almost 8 months without practising fencing, I must admit that I struggled a lot, the coordination with both hands required for this class making it even more complicated for me. I enjoyed myself nonetheless and was super happy to see most of my brothers in arms.
Until next time, Madrid!
Beware! The following post is IN FRENCH.
Il y a quelques mois, je vous parlais de certains de mes blogs favoris, dont Super by Timai faisait partie.
Je ne suis pas du genre à prendre des résolutions pour la nouvelle année, mais après avoir visionné maintes fois (et partagé avec plusieurs de mes amies) cette très belle interview de Sophie Fontanel, il se pourrait bien que 2016 s’avère différente (tout du moins sur ce plan là).
S’assumer, plus fort même que ça, se comprendre.
Et vous, quelles sont vos résolutions pour 2016?
I know I should have posted this a few days ago…. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here’s my New Year’s Eve look.
I applied all over my lids, with a concealer brush, Maybelline’s “Infinite White” Color Tattoo, then patted Urban Decay’s “Mushroom” on the center of my lids and under my eyes.
I winged my eyes with Make Up Forever’s Aqua Black before applying a coat of ELLE’s 3-in-1 mascara.
I finished my eyes with a pair of feather eyelashes from Make Up Forever.
On my lips is Estée Lauder’s “Emotional” lipstick.
Aka “What I got for Christmas“.
- Sephora: Wonderful Dreams
- NYX Cosmetics: Baked Shadow Rebel
- Urban Decay: Vice 4
- Urban Decay: Travel-Size set of 5 Cosmic
- Fever Eyelashes: Black Lace